Hey friends! I don't know about you, but I am so excited about today's post. You all know how much I love my Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker, and I am so excited to share with you all my favorite recipe that I have learned since using it- Buffalo Chicken Wings! This recipe can be made using either frozen chicken wings OR thawed because one of the many amazing things about the Ninja Foodi is that with the TenderCrisp technology, frozen is the new fresh! You can pressure cook frozen meats to defrost and tenderize them at the same time, then use the AIR CRISP function to crisp your meal the way you desire! So without further ado, let's get to the recipe!
What you will need to make the wings:
Ninja Foodi Equipment-
2. Ninja Foodi Pot*
3. Ninja Foodi Cook & Crisp Basket*
4. Ninja Foodi Pressure Lid*
*accessories are included
1. 1/2 cup water
2. 2 pounds frozen (or thawed) chicken wings- make sure drums and flats are separated
3. 2 tbsp oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
4. 2 tbsp buffalo sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot Wings Buffalo Sauce)
5. 2 tsp kosher salt (optional)
1. Pour 1/2 cup of water into pot. Place wings (frozen or thawed) in the Cook & Crisp Basket and place basket in pot. Attach the pressure lid, and make sure the pressure release valve is in the SEAL position.
If you are using fresh/thawed chicken wings instead of frozen, toss wings with 2 tbsp oil. Then, close crisping lid, and select AIR CRISP, temperature set at 390 degrees for 24-28 minutes. Enjoy!
2. Select PRESSURE and set HIGH. Set time to 5 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin.
3. When pressure cooking is finished, quick release the pressure by turning the pressure release valve to VENT position. Carefully remove lid once pressure has been completely released.
4. Pat wings dry with towel and toss with 2 tbsp oil in the basket.
5. Close crisping lid and select AIR CRISP. Set temperature to 390 degrees and set time to 15 minutes. Press START/STOP to begin.
6. After 7-8 minutes, open lid and toss wings with silicone-tipped tongs. Lower basket back into pot, close lid, and continue cooking.
7. While the wings are cooking, stir buffalo (or sauce of choice) with optional salt in a large mixing bowl.
8. When cooking is finished, transfer wings to the bowl with the sauce and toss with tongs to coat evenly.
When you're done, serve with your favorite dipping sauces (our family loves ranch) and veggies on the side! What I also love about the Ninja Foodi is that the pot and the Cook & Crisp Basket are both dishwasher safe, so that makes my life easier when cleaning up.
If you try this recipe out, feel free to tag me in a post or message me and let me know how you liked it! This is quickly becoming a family favorite, and with the convenience that the Ninja Foodi offers me, I don't hate making it all the time! Enjoy friends!
Blessings and Health,