My name is Chauncey. I decided to start a blog about health, exercise, fashion, mommy-tips/stories, etc. because I have benefited from journaling in the past, and decided to make a more public journal to inspire others.
I had my son, Sawyer, in September of 2010 and gained an unhealthy 75 pounds in my pregnancy. I managed to lose the weight by my wedding date through restricted diet, excessive exercise, and a lot of breastfeeding. Once I got married and stopped breastfeeding, I completely returned to my old eating habits and stopped exercising. Due to stress and other reasons, I resorted to food for comfort. I didn't even realize how much weight I had gained because I didn't own a scale and never weighed myself. In February of 2012, I had a huge awakening occur when I weighed myself in a family member's bathroom while at a family get-together. I weighed 180 pounds. Now, for a 5'10" girl, it didn't look like I weighed that much, but scales don't lie. I realized that I needed to get my life in order and get healthy.
I started going to the gym everyday (sometimes twice a day), and eating a lot healthier. I cut out a lot of extra calories by cutting out calorie filled drinks like sweet tea, soda, frappucinos (sp?), etc. I lost 10 pounds in one month on that alone! I found a passion for running in the summer of 2012 and that also helped me lose weight. I took my diet to a new level by starting to eat completely clean. I only ate around 1200 calories a day (on a good day), some days I ate less. I ended up losing 50 pounds by November of 2012. Many people who read this may think, "Oh, that's great! She is healthy and happy again!" I wasn't. I lost my period in July of 2012, I started losing large quantities of hair, I had zero energy, and I had really bad mood swings. I'm not a doctor, but I would be willing to bet my house that loss of a period, loss of hair, no energy, and mood swings is NOT healthy, especially in a 21 year old.
In March of 2013, I realized I had a problem and realized I needed to create a healthy balance in my life in order to be truly healthy and happy. I was spending upwards of 3 hours a day at the gym, when I should have been spending half of that time studying or spending time with my family. I was eating between 1,000 and 1200 calories a day, while burning between 800 and 1000 calories at the gym some days. I decided to reduce my days at the gym from every day to 5 days a week and instead of 3 hour gym sessions, I only work out for an hour max. Instead of eating 100% clean, I eat clean 80% of the time and the other 20% I eat whatever I want (in moderation).
I have not gotten my period back yet, but I have gained 12 pounds since my lowest weight (132) and I have a lot more energy and less mood swings. Every day is a challenge for me because I have a personality that wants to strive for perfection in every aspect- even when I look at myself in the mirror. Through the help and encouragement of my loving husband and other friends and family, I am slowly seeing that I am a lot more than a number on a scale or what I see in the mirror. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and that is what I want others to realize as well. I have decided to write a blog to help other young women who have or are going through similar experiences and will hopefully be encouraged along the way.
Sunday, February 16, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Clean Hair With JOHNSON’S Kids
This post is sponsored by JOHNSON’S, however all thoughts and opinions are that of my own. My kids LOVE bath time at our house. I...
Hey friends! It's been a minute since I got on here, but I guess I just really want to share things that are totally worth your while to...
This post is sponsored by Samsung Home Appliances, however all opinions are that of my own. As a mother of three very active childr...
Post a Comment